Our favourite tips for holiday-ready exteriors
The Christmas season is in full swing and we’re enjoying looking at all the beautiful decorations this time of the year brings. From well-dressed windows to dapper doorways, Christmastime offers the perfect excuse to add some fun to your exteriors. We’ve put together a list of our expert recommendations for creating holiday-ready exteriors that will delight all December long!
1. Make a statement with red: You don’t need to spend a lot of time or money to achieve a beautifully festive look. A dash of red here or a splash of green there will create a gorgeous contrast and really stand out against the backdrop of your home.
A bold door is a great way to add a pop of colour to your exteriors. Doorways can be painted relatively quickly, especially if you use our Rapid Dry paints, which are touch dry in only two hours. We’re always partial to a classic red door, and the shade Pillar Box Red (pictured above) in our 10 Year Exterior Gloss formulation is particularly appealing.
2. Embrace the lush and leafy with garlands: A garland is a lovely way to add some cheer to your exterior, and we’re especially fond of fresh garlands made with seasonal greens. Garlands are usually draped around entryways, windows, or other areas of the house you may wish to highlight. Adding berries to your garland will bring vibrance to the varying shades of green.
Now would be a good time to ensure your PVCu surfaces are in top shape. Our PVCu Cleaner removes dirt and grime from PVCu for a restored shine.
3. Add interest with hanging decorations: Let the warmth and personality of your interiors shine through by hanging decorations from your windows. Think of your windows as festive display boxes, and fill with whatever wonderful things you may wish.
4. Illuminate the winter nights with string lights: String lights are synonymous with the season, and adding these twinkling treasures to your exteriors is a sure-fire way to spread Christmas cheer while beautifying your home.
String lights also have another use, and that’s to brighten your exteriors, making them easier and safer to navigate when the sun goes down. The winter weather means slick surfaces, which makes proper outdoor illumination vital. In addition to these precautions, we recommend using our Fungicidal Wash to kill any lingering mould, algae and fungal growth.
Sandtex 10 Year Exterior Satin – Gentle Blue
5. Enliven exteriors instantly with a wreath: Wanting to add some festive charm to your exteriors quickly and easily? A holiday wreath is a fantastic option. There are endless wreath styles available, and you can also make your own. Add bows, baubles, berries, and blooms to make your joyful wreath really stand out.
Are you ready to spread some Christmas cheer throughout your home and garden? The above suggestions will help get you get started on creating a holiday look you’ll love. Call into your local Sandtex stockist for everything you’ll need to get your exteriors in top shape for the Winter season—and beyond!
Find your nearest Sandtex stockist
Type in your town or postcode to discover
where you can purchase our paints.