Our favourite holiday-ready entryways and why we love them
We’re in the midst of the holiday season and one of our favourite things to do this time of year is to admire the gorgeous decorations all around us. Adding some festive flair to your home is a quick way to enliven and delight. Below, we share a selection of charming exterior looks that you may wish to try this Christmastime.
1. A classic red door with a beautiful wreath: It’s a relatively quick and simple process to transform the look of your door, and you can’t beat a classic red door. We love the way the green of the wreath looks against the bright poppy red of this door. The combination is a Christmas classic, and is one that we thoroughly enjoy. If you’re looking for a fantastic red for your front door, we recommend Pillar Box Red in our durable 10 Year Exterior Gloss, or Cranberry Swirl in our Rapid Dry Plus High Gloss formulation.
2. A fresh garland that highlights the entryway: A fresh and leafy garland is a wonderful way to dress your entryway during the holiday season. Garlands will highlight your doors, windows, or anything else you’d like to draw attention to. We love the way the above garland adds vibrancy to the front exterior above and creates a festive, inviting atmosphere that welcomes visitors and urges them to enter. Decorate your garland with lights, baubles, berries, ribbons, or anything else you’d like to add!
3. A hanging window decoration that creates a magical Christmas scene: Hanging decorations in your windows around the home is another wonderful way to show your Christmas spirit and uplift the look of your exteriors. These hanging stars will illuminate your windows during the dark winter nights while adding interest to your house.
Are your windows ready to be on display? Get them in tip top shape with our PVCu Cleaner, which removes dirt and grime easily for a renewed shine.
4. String lights that create a warm glow: What is Christmas without some string lights? These magical twinkling lights are easy to put up and will give a soft luminescence to the area around them. They look like little glimmering stars and work great in wreaths, garlands, trees, plants, or simply on their own. They are also a holiday-ready way to lighten up the nights and make navigating the dark wintertime easier and safer.
5. Decorated potted trees that add colour and fun: Spice up your entryway with some festive potted trees or plants that are decorated to impress! Baubles, lights, and ribbons are all excellent options to make the plants pop and ensure a grand welcome for guests.
Who’s in the Christmas spirit and ready to show it? Spread some cheer throughout your home and garden with the above recommendations. Make sure to stop by your local Sandtex stockist for the products you’ll need to get your exteriors shining for the season ahead.
Find your nearest Sandtex stockist
Type in your town or postcode to discover
where you can purchase our paints.